Each of our partners is certified by the International Coaching Federation. They’ll use their skills to help you develop a customized plan of action. From merging teams to refining leadership skills, our partners have what it takes to ensure your success is sustainable after they are gone.
Our Managing Partner: Mark K. House
Mark House is a leadership veteran. He has spent more than 30 years in the technology field helping companies big and small achieve their goals.
What is his secret to his success? Investing in people. Mark believes that effective leaders and teams equate to the difference between good and great business. Now, he’s committed to helping others discover the potential people have to offer their companies.
Throughout his career, Mark has helped dozens of technology companies and leaders use effective communication to achieve top and bottom line results. These accomplishments include:
- Managing the development of a comprehensive human capital plan for VeriSign’s most profitable business unit.
- Co-leading a steering committee of 30 managers to re-organize VeriSign’s worldwide engineering team.
- Partnering with Merant’s marketing, sales and engineering teams in four countries as well as customers to develop new products and a new product roadmap for the company’s PVCS department for the first time in two years.
- Co-leading NeXT Corporate Users group, which included 75 top executives and NeXT top corporate clients to establish a product roadmap that led to Apple’s System X operating environment.
- Managing the redevelopment of Freddie Mac’s accounting systems within just six months. Mark was recognized for his outstanding work with PriceWaterhouseCoopers that ensured the systems met the company’s standards.
Mark holds a Masters Degree in electrical engineering from Rice University and bachelors degrees in physics, electrical engineering and applied math from Southern Methodist University. He is also a graduate of the Georgetown Executive Coaching and Leadership Development program.
View Mark’s LinkedIn Profile
Partner: Maureen Q. Blackwell
Maureen Blackwell brings over twenty-five years of IBM management experience to her work as an executive coach, consultant and trainer to help leaders and organizations address business issues in the areas of communications, team development, change management, cultural competency and inclusive leadership.
As an executive coach, Maureen collaborates with her clients to help them discover where they want to go and support their plan to achieve their goals. Using listening, intuition and powerful questions, Maureen facilitates a client’s movement towards their objectives and provides support in a confidential and safe space. She has executive coaching experience in public, private and non-profit organizations.
Maureen’s accomplishments include:
- Significant multi-disciplinary experience including finance, product development, sales operations, production control, manufacturing, marketing and training and development
- Proven record of leadership with global and virtual organizations, including guiding organizations through restructuring and transitions
- Successfully managed a multi-million dollar business for IBM hardware and software conferences, custom and open enrollment training delivery (As IBM Delivery Executive for Learning Services/IBM Global Services)
- Provided global project leadership for the restructuring of IBM’s training business in 60+ countries.
- Created an IBM mentoring and training program for minority and high potential employees to help increase the pipeline of future leaders.
Maureen is currently an adjunct instructor in James Madison University’s Innovation MBA program, where she co-teaches Leadership Communication Skills and manages the Leadership Development Program for MBA students. Maureen is a summa cum laude graduate of Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, VA and a graduate of the Center for Creative Leadership’s Executive Women’s Workshop. Maureen is a certified coach through International Coach Federation and a graduate of Coaches Training Institute, having completed over 100 hours of coaching training. She is certified to deliver and facilitate the Center for Creative Leadership’s Suite of Assessment tools, which includes the Benchmark 360 assessment tool. Maureen is a certified practitioner of the TMC’s Cultural Orientations Approach and the Cultural Orientation Indicator assessment, as well as a certified practitioner of the Intercultural Development Inventory.
View Maureen’s LinkedIn Profile
Partner: Mary O. Price
Mary Price, former IBM General Manager and CEO of IBM spinout company Home Director, brings over 25 years of executive management experience to the coaching practice. Her diverse set of functional line roles, in both large companies and early stage start-up environments, help her to relate to a broad range of clients who strive to improve their communications, teamwork and effectiveness across the business.
Over the past seven years, she has coached companies and executives on organizational design, succession planning and executive recruitment, both at Russell Reynolds Associates, a global executive recruiting firm, and in her own consultancy practice. This combination of line management and talent advisory allows her to not only understand the challenges of those sitting in the seat but also to understand the long term strategic direction for the organization.
Mary believes in a co-active coaching style, in which the client and coach, in partnership, address the “naturally creative self” of the client to help discover, set, and achieve goals, leading to a more fulfilling and balanced life. Using listening, intuition and powerful questions, Mary is able to assist the client in moving forward toward personal and professional achievements in a safe and confidential environment. Helping organizations get people into roles, where their natural talents align with the needs of the position has been a key focus in the work that Mary has done. She works with both the company’s leaders and the individual executives to help understand and execute organization structures that allow people to be most effective in their jobs.
Mary’s Significant Accomplishments:
- Significant multi-disciplinary experience including manufacturing, finance, marketing, software development, customer/technical support, culminating in achievement of General Manager / CEO role with full P&L responsibility.
- Spun business unit out of IBM. As CEO, raised $50mm in capital, including strategic investment partners: Motorola and Cisco.
- Experience in fundraising, M&A, strategy, intellectual property, leadership and P&L management.
- Led several early stage companies, as CEO, in transformation, fund-raising, growth and sale. Has significant experience working with boards and venture capital firms.
- Participated as General Manager of business unit in IBM’s first organizational coaching efforts utilizing DISC assessment, 360 feedback, team coaching and individual coaching to drive bottom line results.
- Performed executive assessment and succession planning for “Big 4” accounting firm. Team assessed 50 executives to recommend organization development and long term succession plan.
- Advised on and recruited over 35 C-level executives to fortune 500 companies including: UPS, AIG, Wells Fargo, American Express, Polo Ralph Lauren, NY Life, Ingersoll Rand, Marathon Oil.
- Expert knowledge of talent markets, compensation and incentive structures.
Mary Price holds a Masters degree from Stanford University in a joint engineering / business school program. She holds dual BSE degrees in Biomedical and Mechanical Engineering from Duke University. She is currently attending Raleigh Coaching Academy in pursuit of obtaining her ICF certification. Mary is active in entrepreneurial and university activities in the RTP area. She is a former Board of Visitors member for Duke’s Pratt School of Engineering. She is a former member of Duke’s Biomedical Engineering Strategic Initiatives committee, and currently acts as an executive advisor and mentor for “The Duke Challenge”, an entrepreneurial start-up business competition. Mary has been an executive coach for the NC State TEC program (an entrepreneurial start-up program included in the MBA curriculum). She is a former volunteer with SCORE and currently volunteers with Interact, a non-profit business, supporting victims of domestic violence.
In her free time, she enjoys engaging in the sweeper role of the sport of Curling.